Thursday, December 16, 2010

Interesting Day

Well, today was one of those challenges we face after the surgery. A Holiday Party. At work. You feel like everyone is watching you. They know you've lost weight (because they can see it, not because you've told them) and they want to see what you eat. Luckily, the surgery has made this easy for me. Now most people won't say the same. They still crave everything. The way I look at it, I've probably eaten thousands of cakes, pies, cups of pasta and potatoes. Not that pasta and potatoes are BAD, but they can be if you eat too much. At work today, we had a holiday party catered by a local restaurant. It was Italian. Here is what the options were and lets see if you would have chosen the same thing:

Salad with house dressing already on it
Sandwich sized rolls
Meatballs
Chicken Parm with Mozzarella
Pasta
Cupcakes
Soda

So, what did you pick?

I had about a half cup of the salad, a meatball and a small portion of the chicken and I barely touched it. I ate it really slow because I couldn't measure it and I didn't want to over do it. The meatballs were pretty big, probably 3 oz or so. I was comfortable and I will be honest, I didn't even miss the pasta (one of my old friends). Funny how our tastes can change.

Then we had a magician/comedian come and entertain us. He was HILARIOUS!!! I laughed so much I think I burned extra calories today. LOL

When I got home, I had my super (at 4:30) because I am going bowling tonight with my Fiance, my Dad, nephew and my sisters boyfriend. It's ME against the BOYS!!! I'm gonna kick their butts!!!! Muah ah ah ah!!!!

Back to my super, I used to love everything bagels. So, the other day I saw the new Bagel Thins they came out with in the everything flavor!!! Bonus! (Just a one time treat, I will get whole wheat next time). I toasted it and topped it with Ham, Provolone and Spicy Mustard. It was very delightful. Not the best thing I've ever eaten, but not bad either.

Here's a pic:



Edited to add;

For my last two meals of the day I had another Quadruple Chocolate Hot Chocolate and I added a tablespoon of SF Peppermint Torani Syrup. YUM! I drank that while I was bowling. Then, when I came home I had a Tortilla Pizza!

5 inch Tortilla
3 tbsp Sauce
1 ounce Shredded Pizza Cheese
1 tbsp bity pepperoni

I toast the tortilla in the conventional oven for 3 to 4 minutes prior to adding the toppings. Then I heat it for another 5 to 6 minutes (or basically until the toppings are nice and bubbly). And VOILA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment