Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mmmmmmm mmm GOOD!

Today I made something new and exciting (to me). I was absolutely DYING for cheesy, chickeny, gooey, broccoli-like (I know, random, but true). So, I had this idea the other day after talking to a friend at work about a meal she makes that she tried for the first time in the crock pot. So, here it is (with pics to boot!):

2 cans Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
1 can water
1 package chicken tenders (I believe it was a big package-like 15 tenders)
1 and 1/2 tbsp Emerills Essence
1 package frozen broccoli
1/2 block New York Cheddar Cheese (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
1 cup brown rice

In a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients together and stir well. Cook on low for minimum of 4 hours. Then you get this:




This is a 6 oz serving:




Other meals I had today included half a small Wendy's Chili and 1 and 1/2 slices french toast with sf syrup. I took a picture of the Wendy's chili, but you all know what that looks like and I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of the french toast because it was so pretty. But it was early and I was not awake yet. Eh, no biggie. There's always next time.

I also went to a British Tea today with some friends. It was delightful! We had little sandwiches and tea, there also were scones and some little deserts. The sandwiches were lovely. Little cucumber sandwich, chicken salad sandwich and ham and brie. I enjoyed one of each-they were approximately an ounce each, so they went down fine. I also had a scone because they were tiny. It was also lovely. If you have the chance to do one of these, I highly recommend it. The food is just the right size for us and a little of everything. It's also not rushed. So we can eat at our leisure. BONUS!

Alrighty, until tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment