Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mmmmm, SOUFFLE!!!

Ok, so back in the day when I was reading all of Eggface's Blog (pre-surgery to help tell myself I would eat normal again someday after surgery), I saw her posting about these Protein powder souffle's and thought, yeah right, souffle's are supposed to be the most difficult thing to make.

I was SOOOOO wrong!

I made these today:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/09/chocolate-banana-heaven.html



They are probably one of the best things I have had since surgery! OMG! They really do taste like chocolate coconut banana bread! I had mine right out of the oven and will have one in the am for breakfast tomorrow!

I made mine with this protein:



I went to the health food store next to my house yesterday and they were going out of business! It's so sad, but I totally scored on protein!!! I bought the above protein (the Dessert proteins are among my favorite's)! This one is Chocolate Coconut and I also bought a container of Chocolate Fudge.

In addition to those, I really scored on Nectar! I have the Strawberry Kiwi at home, and I love it. Lately, I have been having one scoop and one sf fruit punch packet (I have market pantry brand from Target) in 26 oz water for two of my snacks each day. Needless to say, I wanted to try another flavor (hence the reason I went to the health store in the first place) and I picked up two containers of the Crystal Sky. Oh my GOODNESS! It is soooooo good!!! YUM YUM!

Yesterday I was in the mood for Italian, so I broke out my Trader Joe's Grilled Chicken Patties and Garden Pasta (which a great friend told me about) and I made me some chicken parm with pasta. I eat 2 oz of the pasta which the box says is an equivalent of 1/2 serving of veggies. I guess this is one of those things that could be true or could not be true, but it is blended with Tomatoes, Spinach and Carrots. You can taste them in it, but not so much that you feel like it's not pasta, it still has a pasta taste. I fixed the Chicken Patty as the box said to, same with the pasta and topped them both with some Prego Trad Sauce and a lil Parmesan. I could only eat half (I was having a small pouch day).



Well, I am incredibly tired, so I am going to relax now. Good night all!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! They look so yummy. I really need to grab some of those recipes asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has some really fantastic stuff! I am going to try the cranberry souffle next! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lil Moon.. how far out are you again? When were you able to start eating pasta?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am eight months out. I have been allowed to eat small amounts of pasta (not frequently-I make it maybe once a week at most, sometimes not at all) since 6 weeks out. I didn't eat it much back then because I was still only eating 4 oz meals, but now I can have 6 to 8 oz meals and I have 2 oz of pasta with meat like the chicken burgers or meatballs and veggies. I try to keep my meals well rounded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a deal on some protein! Dang those things are expensive! I just ordered samples of the Nectar! Do you like it?
    Love,
    Sam
    Check me out at: http://samswlsjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love nectar, my favorite is Crystal Sky. I pair it with Upcal D and a fruit punch packet-crystal light or whatever brand I have lying around. Shakey shakey, voila! Fabo fruit punch! It is expensive. I got lucky with the store closing, but on the sad side, now I have to drive farther for my nectar... Or order it online. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete