Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mmmmm, PORK!

I am a huge fan of the pig. All those tasty parts! Yum.

So tonight, I took out the pork tenderloin that I bought at the market last night and threw it on a pan with some veggies that I chopped up and tossed in salt, pepper and a little olive oil and into the oven it went. The tenderloin was already marinated (I believe this one was apple somethingorother). So easy and fast! You can't beat it!

Here's hot it looked on the way into the oven and then on my plate. I had a 1/4 cup side of Pasta Sides (Parmesan flavor). It was delish and of course my Fiance loved it. I am starting to think there isn't much he doesn't like.... LOL





As for the rest of my day:
B: Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (see Bariatric Foodie for the recipe)
sn: Honey Chobani with 1/2 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
L: Chicken and Gravy with roasted veggies
sn: Soy Crisps and Hummus
S: see above
sn: TBD

The snow here is so bad, they sent us home early today, then told us we don't have to come in until 11 am tomorrow! Thank goodness! I am not a fan of driving in the snow, not because of me (I think I am a great driver in the snow), it's the COWBOYS that think because they have big trucks or SUV's they are invincible and should ride every one's YOU KNOW WHAT! URGH! Moving on...

I hope everyone has a great night. Sleep well!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have much of an appetite tonight but that looks good. Does the pork come out dry? If so, any issues with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did come out juicy, but if yours doesn't, just dip it in some no sugar added applesauce! Or, throw some ff chicken gravy on it. I prefer applesauce, though. :)
    Also, a little trick of the trade, after you take it out of the oven, let it rest in the pan for a few minutes. This will not only cool it off, but also the juices in the pan will almost all soak back into the pork which helps with moisture.

    ReplyDelete