Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mmmmmmm, TACOOOSSS

Ok, not actual tacos as I am going pretty much carb free to lose the last of my weight. Taco filling more like. :) MMMmmmmmm!

I saw a post on Obesityhelp.com in the RNY forum about another bloggers post about a taco casserole they make pretty regularly and instantly my mouth was watering! So, I stopped at the market on the way home today and picked up the following items (not all the same as the other blogger's, I couldn't remember it exactly):

2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
1 summer squash
1 zucchini
1 yellow onion
1 can black beans
1 can fat free re-fried beans
2 bags mexican blend cheese
Romaine lettuce
small tub sour cream (for my honey)
1 plain greek yogurt
1 jar medium salsa
2 packages taco seasoning mix


I chopped the onion, squash and zucchini and sateed until soft in a pan with cooking spray. Transfer to bowl.

In the same pan, break up the beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain and return to pan with 3/4 cup water and two packages of taco seasoning. Mix well and then add your beans and veggie mixture. Move to baking dish. I sprinkled cheese on top of that and then tried to spread the refried beans (not a great idea by the way) but it still came out tasty, so who cares. Then I topped that with the other bag of cheese. Baked at 375 for 10 minutes (until cheese is all melty-YUM). Take out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.





Now, I eat just the casserole with some of the greek yogurt and salsa, but you can take it and put it in a taco shell or soft taco shell. That's what I did for my fiance and I put some shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa on them for him. He LOVED IT!!!

My Pouch is SO HAPPY! :) Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. I make something very similar which can be found in some of my earlier post.. My hubby and I both love it and it yields enough for leftovers for the week!

    ReplyDelete