Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dentists are not scary!

Nope, but their drills are. I had a tooth break so I had to go to he dentist this afternoon. My dentist is really nice, very friendly and cares about the pain inflicted upon us when they drill holes into our teeth. He gave me some Novocaine and after ten minutes, I still felt sensitivity at the site of the illusive broken tooth, so I got more Novocaine. Yay (sarcastically). Not that I want to feel pain, but o me needing more Novocaine is not a good sign. Plus I loath needles. Anyways, it went fine. He had to take out the piece of the tooth that broke off and removed my original filling and replaced it with a medicated one. If it works out, I can get it replaced with a permanent one in 4 to six months. If not, I am looking at a root canal. AWESOME! So, I am sitting here now 5 and a half hours later and the Novocaine just wore off. It is sore, but not excruciating. We'll see how it's feeling in the am.




I know, why am I talking about my dental experience??? You didn't come here for that, right? Right, only I had to make some adjustments to my daily food intake today as I cannot chew comfortably at the moment. So, here's what I ate today pre-dental appointment:




Strawberry Kiwi Nectar drink: 1 scoop straw kiwi Nectar and 12 oz Vitamin Water Zero (mixed berry flavor)




1 egg, 1 slice American cheese and 1/2 whole wheat english muffin




1 cup wendy's chili with packet sour cream and packet saltines (and 1/2 whole wheat flat bread round)




Post dental appointment:




Trader Joe's Tomato soup with Roasted Red Pepper and 1 scoop unflavored Nectar




Pumpkin spice protein Shake:


1 scoop Vanilla shake mix


8 oz vanilla silk


1/4 cup canned pumpkin (just pumpkin, not the pie filling)


dash allspice and dash cinnamon


4 ice cubes




NOM, NOM, NOM!!!




Ok, so later I am having a cup of oatmeal with a few banana slices. Soft and easy going down, plus I definitely made my protein quota for the day... :) Go me!


I would normally try to have more veggies, but I need some soft foods, so I will add them back in tomorrow.




Anyone else LOVE the House of Night series? I just finished Chosen, and started Uninvited... These books are addictive!


Edited to add:

Here's a pic of my supper. I made old fahioned oats (1/2 cup) in 1 cup water, topped with sf maple syrup. Yummy. I could only eat about half.

No comments:

Post a Comment