Saturday, July 23, 2011

Kabob's and Cheesecake!


I felt like red meat tonight, so I took out some frozen stewing beef this morning and let it thaw. Then I chopped up some garlic and tossed it in some olive oil for the marinade. I let it marinade all afternnon. Let me tell you, that flavors the beef really well.

I took the beef, some chopped up zucchini and yellow pepper and layered them on the skewers, tossed them on the grill and there you have it!

While the beef was marinading this afternoon, I got a little inventive. I have been DYING for some cheesecake... So I got to thinking and came up with this:

Lil Cheesecake:

1 package 1/3 less fat Philly Cream Cheese (room temp)
2 6 oz containers Vanilla Ciobani
1/2 package SF Cheesecake Pudding Mix
4 packets Splenda
2 Tbsp SF Vanilla Torani Syrup (Only had two tbsp left, so I added:
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Graham Cracker Crust

Blend the cream cheese, ciobani, syrup and extract together until smooth. Then, slowly start to add the pudding mix. Once that is incorporated, spoon into crust. I then put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes to set and moved it to the fridge. I made a strawberry compote to top it off.

Strawberry Compote:

1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
1/4 cup SF Strawberry Torani Syrup
1 tsp Corn Starch
1 pad butter

Melt butter in sauce pan. Add other ingredients and cook on med-low heat until sauce thickens. Pour over your favorite dessert or French Toast.

3 comments:

  1. The kabobs look amazing. But that cheesecake looks even better!!! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try the cheesecake!!!! That looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you! I am not gonna lie, it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete