Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pizza night!

Had another great food day today, and a little re-planning when it came to dinner... I had every intention of having a lovely grilled hamburger topped with cheese and a side of some crunchy veggies, then, Thor the GOD OF THUNDER came around. No grilling. I am sorry, I know I should be brave and all, but honestly standing out there holding a metal spatula waiting for meat to cook with thunder rumbling in the background. NOPE! NOT HAPPENING!

So, I went to my faithful and had me a lovely mini pizza topped with onions and mushrooms. NUM NUM!



It's a small flour tortilla topped with pizza sauce, pizza blend cheese (cheddar and mozzarella), chopped mushrooms and onions. I heat the tortilla in toaster oven for about 3 minutes, then add the toppings and cook until all melty.

As for the rest of my day,

Breakfast: Snickers Protein Shake (this kind of came out ok. I made one for a friend also, she loved hers. I thought mine was a tad too sweet.)

Snickers protein shake:

1 cup 1% milk
1 scoop Chocolate protein powder
1 heaping tbsp peanut flour
3 tbsp SF Caramel Torani Syrup
1 tbsp SF Chocolate Sauce

Blend together. Then add 8 ice cubes and blend for 3 minutes. Don't get me wrong, it was good, just a bit sweet for me. I may only put 2 tbsp of the caramel syrup in mine next time. Let me know what you think if you try it. :)

snack: 21 oz cheddar cheese, 6 triscuits
Lunch: the LAST of my rice, beans and cheese (finally-I really get sick of the same thing everyday. I really need to learn to freeze. UGH, lol.)
snack: slice cheese and 1 oz pirates booty (post workout)
Supper was the pizza
Snack-dunno. Possibly a nectar protein drink. Possibly nuts...

I did start something in the crock pot for lunch for tomorrow that I am really excited about. Pics and recipe coming tomorrow!

Lil Moon

4 comments:

  1. Your pizza looks amazing!!! I haven't tried this yet but think I will this weekend. It looks like something my son would enjoy too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try the snickers protein drink.
    What is peanut flour and can i find it in the supermarket? And where do I get the SF Caramel Torani Syrup? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Journey, I get the peanut flour at Trader Joes, but I am sure you could probably find it at any health food store. I love it, it comes in handy as a [eanut butter sub for anything and it is way less fattening! I ordered the sf torani syrup on Amazon.com, cheaper when you order three at a time. I go through a lot of the caramel, so I always buy three of those at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slimmer: The pizza is something everyone enjoys and it's so easy! You really can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete