Monday, July 25, 2011

Pork Chops n Gravy

Today I thought I would attempt something different with pork chops. To me, they suck, to be quite honest. My fiance likes Shake n' Bake Pork Chops. I don't.

With that being said, there's not much else one can do with something you don't care for besides smothering it in gravy, and that's what I did!

Here's what's for dinner:

Ingredients:

2 pork chops
6 green onions chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
a few dashes Emirills 1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup 1% milk

Shake some of the seasoning on both of the pork chops and set aside. Heat oil in pan and add onions. When the onions have softened, turn up the heat a little and add the pork chops (to create a kind of sear on one side). Cook on that side for about 3 minutes. Turn over and cook for 2 more minutes. Add can of soup and milk lower heat to simmer for about ten more minutes.

It may not look pretty, but I enjoyed it! My fiance on the other hand only ate his veggies. He's a shake n' bake child at heart. Blech.



As for the rest of my day, I had:

Breakfast: Pina colada protein shake
snack: packet oatmeal
Lunch: Cup of rice, beans and cheese
Snack: Ciobani and cereal
Post workout: Nectar Crystal Sky drink
Supper: Pork chop and sauteed veggies
snack: Will be one of the last slices of my cheesecake. MUST MAKE AGAIN! Oh, so GOOD!

Anyone else watch Anthony Bourdain? I am obsessed! I love seeing all the different foods he eats! I actually get a lot of ideas from that show... Check it out if you haven't. :)

Lil Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment