Sunday, July 24, 2011

Refreshing Lunch

I spent the day doing laundry! How exciting! LOL. I did have a refreshing lunch. I currently do my laundry at my Mom's home, so when I was there today, she said she wanted tuna sandwiches. I love tuna, but I try to avoid the bread (even if it is whole wheat), just because I am trying to get the last of my weight off. No rush, but it's a goal.

So, I mixed the tuna with mayo and relish (if you haven't tried this, I definitely recommend it!). Then, she had some cheddar cheese as well as some cucumbers and tomatoes from the farmers market, so I chopped them up for us.

I took about 2 oz of the tuna (I say about because she doesn't have a food scale, but I must say, I have gotten pretty good at eye-balling and I do stop when I feel just right, so no danger there), 2 slices of the cheese, some of the veggies and put a lil balsamic vinegrette on those. It was a very satisfying lunch and protein packed!



If you were wondering, I had my pina colada protein shake this morning (see my post from Thursday, July 21, 2011.) As for a snack this afternoon, I am having a Crystal Sky Nectar Protein drink. Supper, I don't know yet... I will get back to you on that. ;)

Lil Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment