Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Update...

So, to round out my day, I am having a really tasty Chicken Burger that I purchased during my excursion to Trader Joes last week.

Here are the facts, AHEM:

Cals: 150
Fat: 6
Sugar: 0
Protein: 19!!!! In ONE patty!

Here they are:



I broiled it (I would grill it, but we have a lot of snow on the ground here...). It had a lot of yummy Lime flavor, which you can see, I didn't expect because I automatically doctored my bun with mustard and ketchup. I had it on a whole wheat Arnold Round.



I paired it with these yummy cucumbers and tomatoes, which I put a smidgen of Lite French Dressing on.



I broiled two of the four burgers, so I already have lunch tomorrow. I think tomorrow I will have it without a bun, maybe topped with some salsa!!! Hmmm, we'll see...

Evening snack update to follow... Cheers!

Edited to add snack:

So, I couldn't decide, salty or sweet... A constant dilema for me! LOL

I came up with a plan.... Tee hee

I have some no sugar added Ice cream, peanut butter and the rest of that sugar cookie thing my FMIL made for us last night... Here's what I came up with!



I put a few small pieces of the sugar cookie on the bottom, then 2.6 oz of the ice cream (I can't wait to get an ice cream maker, I want to make protein ice crem instad... ahem, moving on) and then 1 tbsp melted peanut butter. Really, really satisfying!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE those burgers! My Trader Joe's finds are actually going to be an upcoming post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I have more items that I have purchased there that will be the feature items of my next couple of weeks. I can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait til I can eat like that and make mini meals! I feel like its never coming lol. It looks amazing!! Good job! Id love to see a full trader joes post from both u ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, it will come! I felt like it took forever too. Thanks for the compliment!
    Lil Moon

    ReplyDelete