Saturday, January 29, 2011

Yummy Saturday Morning!

You can't beat french toast in my book. Carbs, protein and pure yummy-ness!

I normally have mine with just some sf maple syrup, but I personally think that stuff tastes kinda funkay! In other words, BLECH! So, this morning, while thinking about this blog, I said to myself, GET CREATIVE! It's the only way to enjoy food after surgery. That and finding great WLS recipes on blogs and other sites. So, here's what I came up with and oh Boy, was it absolutely delicious!

Lisa's Swanky Strawberry French Toast

1 egg
2 slices bread (your choice, I used white-it's what my honey likes, and not a trigger food for me)
tsp butter
Dash cinnamon
3 tbsp Homemade Strawberry Topping (see recipe below)
3 tbsp Strawberry Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani)

Whisk egg and cinnamon until well beaten. Dunk bread into egg mixture and cook on griddle in the butter until golden brown on both sides.

Once cooked, top with the yogurt and strawberry topping. I also hit it with a squirt of whippage (whipped cream). I can eat one and a half slices, I gave the other half to my Honey to go with his 6 slices (wow, I can't believe I used to eat that much, too!). Of course, he's a man and doesn't gain like I did.



Here's a picture of the yogurt if you want to look for it:



Homemade Strawberry Topping

5 frozen strawberries
2 tbsp SF Strawberry Torani Syrup
dash of Corn Starch (to thicken-optional)

Microwave strawberries for one minute. Mash up and add syrup and corn starch. Pour over your breakfast of choice!



I will be back later with the rest of my day! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment